Through March 31, 2021
Jointly-presented by the University of Chicago Francis and Rose Yuen Campus in Hong Kong and the Art Museum of The Chinese University of Hong Kong, this exhibition "Hong Kong Impressions" features over 100 paintings and photographs of old Hong Kong from the 1940s to 1970s.
The exhibition features stunning views of the Victoria Harbor, bygone typhoon shelters, sketches and snapshots of everyday life and scenic spots off the beaten track by Lui Shou-kwan, Wucius Wong and a dozen other artists. These works serve as a reminder to the audience of how much the Hong Kong metropolis evolved in the 20th century. Many works are exhibited for the first time.
Venue: The Merlin Lu Reading Room, The University of Chicago Francis and Rose Yuen Campus in Hong Kong
Exhibition Period: Nov 20 – Mar 31, 2021
Opening Hours: Monday – Friday 10:30am – 4:00pm (By Appointment)
*Yuen Campus is currently closed because of the surge of COVID-19 cases in Hong Kong.*
- Please click here to make an appointment to view the current exhibitions on Yuen Campus Hong Kong.
- Each slot is 30 minutes with a maximum of 4 persons.
- Please allow 2 working days for a response to confirm your booking.
COVID-19 Precautionary Measures
- UChicago Yuen Campus Hong Kong will strengthen the cleaning and disinfection of the facilities.
- Visitors entering the campus will need to take temperature, use hand sanitizer and complete health declaration forum before admission.
- Visitors need to wear their own masks at all time when accessing the Campus.
- Please read the UChicago Yuen Campus Hong Kong Health and Safety Measures here prior to your arrival.
- UChicago Yuen Campus Hong Kong will continue to monitor the situation closely and review the arrangements in a timely manner.
- No parking is available for visitors.
- Direction to Campus: https://www.uchicago.hk/about-us/contact-the-center/
- Campus will be closed when Black Rainstorm Warning Signal or Typhoon Signal No. 8 or above is hoisted.
Listen to the Podcast: https://bit.ly/2GSQduB
Watch the Exhibition Highlight Video: https://bit.ly/34d703E
Take the Virtual Tour:
Hong Kong Island: https://bit.ly/2EKjNBY
The New Territories: https://bit.ly/3cG0xlM
Video: Conservation of “Pearl of the Orient”: https://youtu.be/Mybq1gO2wV4
Online Gallery – Hong Kong Impression