9:30 am–3:30 pm
The Hong Kong Jockey Club University of Chicago Academic Complex | The University of Chicago Francis and Rose Yuen Campus in Hong Kong
168 Victoria Road, Mount Davis
9:30am - Registration
10:00am - Start of Symposium
In Asia’s metropoles, such as Hong Kong, hospitals are developed as nodes of modern medicine, resulting in lack of primary care. Most general physicians deal with incidental illnesses without being able to offer continuous care. In the case of palliative care, patients of advanced stage illnesses are often cared by hospital teams. These teams often have to stretch their care capacity by providing home care nursing services. However, due to limited resources, such care still appears to be ad hoc and discrepant. Community based palliative care providers, instead, play an important role in providing practical assistance for patients in the community. While managing residential homes or care homes, these non-government organizations work hard to promote public awareness and recognition of palliative care. In this symposium, we bring cross-disciplinary experts in the field with international scopes and local experiences to discuss the challenges and opportunities of community-based palliative care in different Chinese societies.
- Bryan LI (The University of Hong Kong)
- Jonathan LIO, MD (The University of Chicago)
- Harry WU, MD (The University of Hong Kong)
- Theresa Lai (Jockey Club Home for Hospice)
- Carmen Lee (Tung Wah College)
- Joseph Lo (Jockey Club Academy for Community Rehabilitation)
- Sonia Oyola, MD (The University of Chicago)
- Priscilla Song (The University of Hong Kong)
- Sandy Tun, MD (The University of Chicago)
- Venus Wong (The University of Hong Kong)
- Celia Yiu (Society for the Promotion of Hospice Care / The Chinese University of Hong Kong)
Please CLICK HERE
Please CLICK HERE
Shuttle Service to Campus:
Pick-up time: 9:15am
Pick-up point: Admiralty MTR Station (outside Café de Coral at Admiralty Centre: Unit C, Shop 42-68, G/F, Admiralty Centre, 18 Harcourt Road, Admiralty). Please find the map here.
Lunch will be provided.